Thursday, April 12, 2012

New to Cata Tanking. Critique?

[:1]I main-tanked competitive content in WotlK, but it's been about two years since I've actually done any PvE.

I started again and Monday, and most of it seems pretty straightforward. I tanked 6/7 DS10 Normal and just finished Ragnaros about an hour ago, so I can't imagine I'm doing too much wrong, but I figured I'd swing by to make sure.

For any armory impaired individuals, I'm at 384ilvl and I have 189k unbuffed, 16.03% dodge, 16.00% parry, 25.00 mastery, and 40k armor. I do 3-6khps, 15-16kdps single target, and 25-35k AOE.

I've been told that avoidance > stamina, and that I probably shouldn't be using Stoneskin Gargoyle, but so far as I can tell I'm taking about the same amount of damage as others and doing twice as much healing (including against other blood tanks.)

I did notice on Ragnaros, though, that my absorbed was almost nothing compared to the other Tank. I had 72 Death Strikes, and came in at a paltry 70k absorbed. He had 21 fewer Death Strikes, and absorbed 260k more from Blood Shield.

I haven't really read up on Blood yet, but I assume it has something to do with timing? Any advice and input is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment