Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blood Parasite worth it for Blood PVP?

Is it worth taking Blood Parasite for Blood PVP? How much healing/damage do you see from them in normal random battleground situations?

I'm generally happy with my blood spec, which I used when I was gearing up and now use when we need an FC/Tank or just as a change of pace when I'm bored. With the massive increase in interest in Blood PVP in 4.3 I've been looking through peoples' specs and noticed most people pick up the talent. I thought they would be worthless in PVP, but what little info I've been able to google up is leading me to believe they're actually a decent amount of healing.

If I wanted to take the talent in my current spec, where would I get the points? I saw one fellow who dropped to 1/3 Scent of Blood and 2/3 Will of the Necropolis, which is what I'm considering now. I'm worried about the RP loss from Scent of Blood, but losing 9% of temporary damage reduction from WotN doesn't sound too bad given that it usually only kicks in when I've got half their team on me and I'm about to die anyway.
Have you been to EJ or AJ? I would recommend my specs to you, but I am blood only to farm honor and I pay little attention to the spec beyond that.
Just gave it up in my last pvp-blood respec

It does decent healing, but never when you want it. And since it's triggered by melee attacks - not guaranteed every fight

I used one of the points for it in Vampiric Blood - makes my DS's heal bigger whenever I want or a temp boost of healing when in trouble. Those silly worms never helped in an emergency!
I usually get Parasite. The extra healing is nice time to time but its no priority. More than often I would also get Scarlet Fever too as well. Depending on your role Unholy Command is usually "iffy," I dont usually spec into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment