Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hand of Morchok...as Human?

Hello,
So I picked up a Hand of Morchok last nite in a 10m DS. I was using 2x Treachery's Bite. After doing some research it appears to be BiS until Soul Drinker. My question, using the HoM, I lose out on my racial bonus with swords/maces. I'm making the assumption that the top end dps on HoM will more than make up for the loss of expertise.
Is it worth reforging to make up the additional expertise and be at the 26 softcap for my the axe? Using the stat weights, my initial thought is yes. However, I don't want to ignore the fact that the additional expertise is fairly useless on my OH sword.
Perhaps it would be more beneficial to simply ride at 23/26 expertise for my MH/OH and reforge to haste which is equally beneficial regardless of weapon type? I'd appreciate any insight.

Thanks,
Smoke
I would imagine it's worth it, considering just how much harder the MH is going to hit then the 378 sword. So being expertise capped is still a benefit.
I suppose the difference is really only a handful of expertise vs. haste. I wish I knew what the stat weight for expertise was above the softcap so I could crunch the maths. As it is now, expertise is significantly better than haste below the softcap. I'm not sure if the relationship is linear but I would imagine it'll only add up to a few hundred dps difference at most.
The difference is going to be negligible amounts of dps right now, but you may as well reforge for when you get a second axe.
If I understand correctly, OH expertise is worth basically nothing since our special OHs don't get dodged.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125293-death_knight_cataclysm_simple_q/p4/#post2021670

I would just simulate the "reforge to expertise cap" and "don't" setups, compare, and go from there.

Expertise is worth 0 above the cap because specials and white hits follow the same table - 6.5% chance of dodge.
That sort of confirms my fears. Basically all the expertise above the softcap only applies to OH white hits which is a negligible portion of our dmg. I think it's safe to say that any expertise above said softcap is useless then.


Yeah, it kinda sucks that racials only apply to the hand said weapon is equipped, but you get used to it after a while. Fortunately the BiS 1h weapons always benefit at least one race in the end, this tier it's gnomes/humans (Souldrinker).
Just download reforgelite and don't worry about moving numbers around :P

No comments:

Post a Comment