Thursday, April 19, 2012

DK resilience cap?

Hi Dks,

I just started playing my Dk again. And I read through all the stickies and what not. But I cant find a post talking about DK resilence and it capping. I know with this next tier (Season 11) gear coming out and even more resil being on the gear some classes (Warriors, also play one :]) will meet thier resilience cap even without geming. Therefore they can have a few PvE pieces. I just want to know if I should still be gemming resil because lack of defensive cooldowns, or I should go like Strength/Mas.


TL;DR Is there a resil cap for DKs? Might be a stupid question, but bare with me, Im still a noob.


Edit: Playing frost if it matters.
Resil does not suffer from diminishing returns. I still find it useful to use PVE weapons however until you can farm up the highest ilvl pvp weaps, but other than that pvp gear it up brah and enjoy the dmg soak.
You posted on a rogue, so I'm gonna assume you've been following rogue pvp through last season and noticed a lot of them stacking to 36-3800 and then using pve gear. The reason, as explained to me by my rogue buddy, is that rogues have enough CDs and escapes that it's worth it to sacrifice the damage reduction in favor of more damage. If the rogue gets in trouble, they can escape and reset usually or at least give their healer a few seconds to come out of CC.

DKs don't have the same level of survivability built into our class mechanics, so there's not really a point (or at least there wasn't with last season's gear) where resilience stopped being competitive with damage stats. However, your goal in pvp and your team makeup/strategy can effect that. If you're running with someone else who is typically focused on more than you and/or your healer feels comfortable with it, trading some resil for damage might be the best idea.

Typically, a DK's role on the team will be to deal as much damage as possible, so a lot of the DK's game is finding the right balance of damage/resil for his team.
50% if the season 11 pvp gears gets us there. The remaining small boost (socket bonus, enchant, gem) of resilience won't be benefiting compared to other stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment