Thursday, April 19, 2012

question for theorycrafting nerds

Hello,
First of all, does army of the dead benefit from a players stats at the time of being summoned like ghoul and garg do?

If they do, is it worth losing 5 seconds of Pillar, Prepot to give them the extra benefit?

TL:DR Version : Is it worth Prepotting and using Pillar before summoning AOTD prepull?

Sorry if this has been answered 7000 times or if this is just silly.
Only use it before a raid boss pull. Or on alysrazor when you have the tornado cast and move buff. Otherwise its a DPS loss.

Its a pretty useless talent.
Thanks for the response, I know that part though. Was curious if the benefit they receives from Pillar of Frost and Golemblood potion would outweigh the 5 seconds of having them while fighting rather than summoning.
Negative. They do not share your stats like your summoned ghoul.
Thanks Kru :-p

Edit

I just looked more at elitist jerks, and they claim they do. So the question still stands :-p
From EJ

Army of the Dead
Army of the Dead will summon a gaggle of ghouls to fight for you swarming any enemies that stand in your way. Like Raise Dead, Army of the Dead will scale with your AP, haste, and hit at the time summoned. The best time to use Army of the Dead will vary from boss to boss, but it is typically right before the beginning of an encounter or in any phase transition where you will not be and cannot be on the boss and no DPS will be lost. One note about Army of the Dead is that although the summoned ghouls will not taunt a boss, they will taunt most adds present on boss encounters. Use at your own risk.


Same thing I said minus the scaling. Use it before a boss or in a transition. Otherwise, no.
Personally I like to use it on fights where itll be able to push the boss to the next phase without encountering any tank trouble. Of course pre pull summon though.

Such as the Archbishop fight in Hour of Twilight. Before fight starts, drop a DnD, Army, and then pew pew pew.

Really depends on phase based fights or non-aggro based fight such as the End of time dungeon (I think) w/ Illidan.

I usually prebuff before AotD, but if they dont snapshot then I guess thats some new insights for me that I may I have missed in posts/topics.
AotD benefits from AP.
And I can confirm that they also do benefit from crit and hit now in patch 4.3.
But you should not pop pillar,potion,use trinket before summoning them.
Pop Aotd 6-8 sec b4 pull,horn and potion 1 sec before pull.
pop 1st Ghoul with FC +trinket proc and pillar.
I occasionally Army during a fight when I know that I'm going to need DPS soon more than I need DPS now, e.g. when we lost a healer on Madness platform 4 and killing the Bolt quickly became more essential.

Mostly, though, I save it for prefight or transition (e.g. start of P2 on Madness).

But you should not pop pillar,potion,use trinket before summoning them.


Thank you for answering the main question I was looking to answer.

Has anyone done actual tests to see the dps increase of AOTD per point of str or anything similar, assuming they are up for close to full duration?

No comments:

Post a Comment