Saturday, April 21, 2012

I give up. I am terrible at Unholy

I know my set isn't complete, but !@#$ my dmg is pitiful. My rotation/priority is typically Outbreak, DT, DC, Garg(whenever it's up)NS/FS, but if I am doing it wrong don't hesitate to bash me because I am sick of Blood and doing !@#$ for dmg.
..........I really thought Tichondrius was like the best PvP server too. This is a sad day for me.
thanks for the update... we were beginning to worry what was wrong with you
Oh gee, if only an AoE spec had some decent AoE abilities like Pestilence or Death and Decay or Blood Boil or OH WAIT
Your an idiot if you think Unholy is a AoE spec... and unholy is not known for damage, but for hte ton of pressure you can put out with necrotic Strike. With your pet enraged and your garg out plus all the necros you can get off, pressure is insane.also unholy has more utility with AMZ and pet stun. Overall the better pvp spec imo.
True, I was thinking of adding SS, but every site I read says to skip it for straight NS.
My rotation/priority is typically Outbreak, DT, DC, Garg(whenever it's up)NS/FS


First things first. What in the world is "DT"? I'm a 2.2k experienced DK and even I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe I just completely blanked out on something here but you lost me on that part.

Anyways I realize you said you're gear wasn't complete but I checked it out and it seems to me that it's not just incomplete but some if it is just plain wrong. You do realize you have a ring with intellect on it right?

As far as your gear is concerned aim for this:

1.) 5% hit rating
2.) 195 spell penetration(+50 spell pen gems in gloves, belt and legs. Then +70 spell pen to cloak is the easiest way to get this)
3.) As much Strength as possible
4.) Then as much Haste as possible.

Priority list of moves should be:

1.) Chains of Ice(for initial slow and frost fever)
2.) Plague Strike(for blood plague)
***Outbreak***( if you need to refresh diseases and they are already afflicted by Chains of Ice or standing in desecration)
3.) Festering Strike(to extend duration of Chains of Ice and diseases)
4.) Necrotic Strike
5.) Deathcoil(ONLY IF Unholy blight is about to fall off or if your diseases are up and you don't have the runes to Necro strike or Festering strike)
***Make sure ghoul is also attacking your target at all times***
***Transform ghoul as often as possible***
***Summon Gargoyle when opponent is below 70% or so and you think you may get a kill***
[ First things first. What in the world is "DT"? I'm a 2.2k experienced DK and even I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe I just completely blanked out on something here but you lost me on that part.


dark transformation
Jadou,

Might I suggest pulling Talents out of Butchery, Epidemic/Contagion, and spec into Icy Reach; Lichborne.

Transforming yourself into undead and self-healing with Death Coil is an important PvP utility.

Don't be discouraged with output - unholy has a long ramp-up. Rethink your role as more utility - use the stuns/slows/interrupts, stack nectrotic strikes & keep diseases up to pressure healers, build RP for your gargoyle, then stack strength buffs and unleash. Use Death Strikes and Lichborne/DC to keep yourself up as needed.

Its a different playstyle than straight up buttonsmash DPS, and more difficult to master IMO, but it can be loads of fun to play.

EDIT: You also may want to consider rethinking the Death & Decay Glyph. Most PvP'rs avoid spending much time standing in the bad stuff. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment