Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'd like some pointers

For PVP. With the 33% Reduction on XP needed for lvls 71 through 80 I'm leveling faster than anything, and so I'd like some pointers for PVP before I hit 85.

So what is the difference between frost and unholy?
How does blood do in PVP?
As frost, should I be daul wielding, or should I be using a 2H Wep?
I'd also like to know if someone could recommend some good talent trees/guides.

Thanks in advance.
Frost = Burst spec, 2H, gets chewed on by overzealous melees but can be very deadly when used correctly

Unholy = Pressure spec, high ramp up times, can kite a bit and mitigate melee damage bit better than Frost, total caster killer, difficult to master due to micro managing pets and having more macros than Frost and Blood

Blood = Cheese spec, only useful if you have a bunch of morons nearby to feed you vengeance and Death Strikes, and you'll live forever as long as you don't get kited by smart players. Useful in Random BGs because there are plenty of morons there.

2H Frost = Burst, best for Random BGs and most arena setups as well as Rateds
DW Frost = Sustained Damage, usually better for PvE

For a Frost tree, you can use mine. Ignore my Blood tree because I was asked to tank something minor and made one for the lulz. Don't bother saying I use it in PvP because it clearly isn't built for that.


Conclusion:

Frost if you want Killing Blows and Burst

Unholy if you don't mind a pet and want to be more of a support spec to shut down casters/healers

Blood for the lulz

No comments:

Post a Comment